KTM‰ЫЄs very limited edition 450SX-F Factory Edition is heading to Australian with just 55 units slated to set down in Australia in March.
This is the bike that KTM homologated specifically for Ryan Dungey and now Ken Roczen to compete in the AMA SX and MX championship series, and the dynamic duo has definitely used it to good effect, with three podiums including a first-round win.
‰ЫПIt‰ЫЄs almost a 2014.5 bike,‰Ыќ said KTM‰ЫЄs National Marketing Manager Greg Chambers. ‰ЫПThe factory has created the best possible package to compete on, and the price of $12,995 plus dealer delivery is a $1,500 premium over the standard 2014 model, but that‰ЫЄs nothing compared to the price of the parts fitted.‰Ыќ
"Only 350 units will be made for sale worldwide, but just 55 will be arriving down under in March. They are not expected to last, so if you want to secure yours, pre-order at your local dealer now," Chambers added.
While the limited edition bike will arrive next month KTM Dealers around the country are taking orders Now
Upgrades to the 450 SX-F Factory Edition include:
- New chassis package with updated geometry, frame components, suspension components all for improved handling and control
- New lighter 4CS fork with improved camping characteristics and a more progression and bottoming resistance
- New lighter front axle utilises a smaller diameter and held by a new axle clamp with a reduced off-set and increased trail
- New lighter linkage/pullrod design with a revised rising rate that utilises a higher starting rate and provides a flatter, less progressive curve
- New linkage frame mounting point is forged and machined for a stronger, lighter and more stable mounting point
- New suspension settings have been developed in the United States to match the new chassis package
- Global premiere of the new Dunlop GEOMAX MX52 racing tyres
- New lighter brake rotors provide increased stopping performance
- New lighter rear orange anodised sprocket
- New Selle Dalla Valle blue race team seat
- New lighter Neken Orange anodised triple clamps
- Titanium Akrapovic performance silencer
- Orange powder coated frame with exclusive factory Red Bull KTM racing graphics
- Racing hole-shot device
- Orange frame guards and radiator louvers
- Total weight savings of 591g