While leader Coma continues to hold a comfortable lead, he is not getting ahead of himself and know that there is still a little ways to go in this years event and that it is not over by a long way.
"If we start to think like that we‰Ûªre in the wrong direction." Coma commented on thoughts of him already having the race won. "We have to stay focused all the time.
"We have two very tough days, especially tomorrow. It is 600 km and the longest special of the rally and everything is possible," he added.
KTM's Jordi Viladoms continues to hold the final podium spot in the motorcycle class after 10 days of competition, some 1 hour and 22 minutes behind second placed Barreda, but only 11 minutes ahead of fourth placed Factory Yamaha rider Olivier Pain.
The rider he may need to watch out for though is not Pain, but Pain's team mate Despres who moved himself up the leader board again over night into 6th position and now sits just 12 minutes away from a podium finish despite losing a lot of time during the first week.
Aussie Shane Diener finished stage 10 in 26th position and in doing so moved up another three positions overnight to 46th aboard his Yamaha. KTM mounted Troy O'Connor finished the day in 41st and is currently Australia leading rider after 10 stages in 37th position.
Allan Roberts sits just outside the top 40, in 41st position after finishing stage 10 in 46th position.
Stage 10 Results: Iquique to Antofagasta - Chile:
1. Joan Barreda (ESP, Honda) 04:42:00 hrs
2. Helder Rodrigues (PRT, Honda) +00:08:00
3. Cyril Despres (FRA, Yamaha) +00:09:40
4. Olivier Pain (FRA, Yamaha) +00:11:11
5. Marc Coma (ESP, KTM) +00:11:26
6. Jakub Przygonski (POL, KTM) +00:15:08
7. Stefan Svitko (SVK, KTM) +00:15:14
8. Javier Pizzolito (ARG, Honda) +00:16:58
9. Ivan Jakes (SVK, KTM) +00:18:17
10. Daniel Gouet (CHL, Honda) +00:19:21 +00:15:01
26. Shane Diener (Aus, Yamaha) +00:48:16
41. Troy O'Connor (Aus, KTM) +01:14:25
46. Allan Roberts (Aus, KTM) +01:21:39
Provisional Overall Standings after Stage 10:
1. Marc Coma (ESP, KTM) 41:48:33 hrs
2. Joan Barreda (ESP, Honda) +00:44:10
3. Jordi Viladoms (ESP, KTM) +02:02:03
4. Olivier Pain (FRA, Yamaha) +02:16:12
5. Helder Rodrigues (PRT, Honda) +02:21:16
6. Cyril Despres (FRA, Yamaha) +02:28:27
7. Jakub Przygonski (POL, KTM) +02:29:15
8. Daniel Gouet (CHL, Honda) +03:05:54
9. Stefan Svitko (SVK, KTM) +03:33:07
10 .David Casteu (FRA, KTM) +03:41:54
37. Troy O'Connor (Aus, KTM) +12:21:20
41. Allan Roberts (Aus, KTM) +13:14:28
46. Shane Diener (Aus, Yamaha) +14:08:21
Top Image: Marc Coma continues to edge closer to victory at the 2014 Dakar Rally
Credit: M. Maragni - KTM Images