Jason Anderson has been stripped of his Red plate in the Monster Energy Supercross 250SX Western Regional Championship after violating section 4.15 of the rule book during Saturday nights main event.
Anderson who won the opening two rounds of the championship ahead of Troy Lee Designs Honda rider Cole Seely, raced his Rockstar KTM to a hard fought second place at A2, ensuring he maintained a slim three point lead in the championship.
However Anderson along with Chris Proscelle were penalised at the conclusion of the race and each docked two positions for jumping while a medical flag and red flashing lights were shown during the main event.
"Two riders were penalized due to AMA Supercross Rulebook violations that took place during the 250SX main event of the third round of the 2014 Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, in Anaheim, Calif., on Jan. 18," a statement released by the AMA, the sports governing body in the United States read.
"The AMA Supercross Race Director determined that Rio Rancho, N.M.'s Jason Anderson (No. 17) and Vista, Calif.'s Chris Proscelle (No. 193) violated Section 4.15, paragraph e of the 2014 AMA Supercross Rulebook."
Sction 4.15 of the rule book which was violated can be seen below.
The resultent penalty to Anderson, saw him moved back to fourth place for the evening, resulting in him dropping four championship points and now sits one point behind Seely who inherited the red plate and championship lead..
Section 4.15, paragraph e reads as follows:
e. White Flag with Red Cross or Red Flashing Light:
1. This flag or a red flashing light may be displayed at the beginning of a triple jump or a series of jumps.
2. The riders must roll each jump individually with no passing and exercise extreme caution until they are past the area of concern.
3. This includes the sighting or cool down laps.
4. Takes precedence over all other flags that may be displayed.
5. The penalty for non-compliance of this flag during a race will be the loss of number of positions gained plus two additional positions in the final results for that race. If no positions were gained, the penalty will be the loss of two positions in the final results for that race.
6. The penalty for non-compliance of this flag during qualifying practices will be the loss of the rider's fastest lap time during that session
Results for the A2 main event have been modified accordingly. Final results can be found at https://results.amasupercross.com/
Jason Anderson will have to give his Red Championship leaders plate up after a post race penalty at A2