The braking system consists of dual 282mm wave front discs and a 245mm wave rear disc that gives high levels of stopping power with plenty of feel at all speeds on the highway or in the dirt. When you're riding off road you have the option to temporarily disable the ABS whenever required by activating the kill switch while stationary. With the ABS turned off you can take full manual control, and in particular you can choose to lock the rear wheel deliberately in certain situations - such as very tight turns or on steep descents.
Key technical features
Yamaha Genuine Accessories:
- High-torque 689cc 4-stroke CP2 parallel-twin engine
- New lightweight double cradle tubular steel frame
- Slim, compact and ergonomic body and seat
- Aggressive rally-bred face with four LED headlights and two LED position lights
- Adjustable long-travel 43mm upside down forks with 210mm travel
- Remotely adjustable link-type rear suspension with 200mm travel
- Compact rally style cockpit with tapered handlebars
- 21-inch/18-inch lightweight spoked wheels with adventure tyres
- Slim long-range fuel tank with 16-litre capacity for 350km+ range
- Compact rally-style multi-function instruments
- Switchable ABS for on the fly adjustment
- Screen and handguards give good rider protection
Yamaha has developed a full range of genuine accessories to create your own TÌ©nÌ©rÌ© 700 including aluminium side cases and top box, a lower seat, suspension lowering kit, high screen, bar risers, rack, full Akropovic exhasut system and grip heaters.