Round 9 of the Yamaha Australian Off-Road Championship (AORC) saw the Womens, Vets and Masters classes put on an epic display around the technical Kyogle tracks.
These three classes joined the seniors on track for the Enduro format. The three standouts for these classes were Jemma Wilson, Kirk Hutton and Derek Grundy, who all recorded wins.
Saturday's racing provided mixed results for the Womens class, when Yamaha mounted rider Jemma Wilson managed to take a well deserving win. The victory greatly assists Wilson in solidifying her championship lead. Her total time was a 1:07:29.878. Sophie Coldicutt finished more than four minutes behind Wilson. Coldicutt on a Yamaha recorded a time of 1:12:12.876. Tegan Hall rose to the challenge snagging a third place finish on her KTM, a further half a minute behind.
The Veterans class is packed with Australian Enduro royalty and champions, as it exclusively exists of 35-45 year-olds. Veteran King Kirk Hutton on his Yamaha picked up where he left off by taking a win. The AORC statesman Hutton had an accumulated time of 1:03:41.610. Damian Smith can be extremely proud of his time of 1:04:05.289, a further 24 seconds behind Hutton. Brad Wilkinson has put himself in a solid position for the remainder of the weekend with a third place finish. Wilkinson‰Ûªs total time was a 1:10:01.513, close to six minutes behind Smith.
In the Masters class (45 years and over), the competitors provided some of the most invigorating racing in AORC. Class leader Derek Grundy of the DSR Motul Pirelli Sherco Off-Road Team took the win. It only took Grundy a total time of 1:06:45.455 to traverse the Enduro course. In second place was Michael Widdison on his KTM Machine. Widdison finished just over four minutes behind the race winner with his time of 1:11:00.885. The final podium place getter was Craig Treasure on his Husqvarna machine. Treasure finished only 35 seconds behind his rival with his time of 1:11:36.233.
Main Photo: Kirk Hutton at Kyogle
Credit: John Pearson Media:
Provisional Results Womens
1. Jemma Wilson ‰ÛÒ 1:07:29.878
2. Sophie Coldicutt ‰ÛÒ 1:12:12.876
3. Tegan Hall ‰ÛÒ 1:12:41.463
4. Emelie Karlsson ‰ÛÒ 1:17:28.958
5. Courtney Rubie ‰ÛÒ 1:19:23.716
6. Kate Norman ‰ÛÒ 3:20:19.885
7. Tamara Gray ‰ÛÒ 2:40:08.698
Provisional Results Vets
1. Kirk Hutton ‰ÛÒ 1:03:41.610
2. Damian Smith ‰ÛÒ 1:04:05.289
3. Brad Wilkinson ‰ÛÒ 1:10:01.513
4. Jason Pearce ‰ÛÒ 1:10:41.809
5. Sean Smith ‰ÛÒ 1:13:22.866
6. Luke Vanderdrift ‰ÛÒ 1:14:21.054
7. Hugh Howarth ‰ÛÒ 1:14:59.280
8. Russell French ‰ÛÒ 1:15:03.096
9. Dave Jongebloed ‰ÛÒ 1:16:56.057
10. Kyronne Treasure ‰ÛÒ 1:17:06.288
Provisional Results Masters
1. Derek Grundy ‰ÛÒ 1:06:45.455
2. Michael Widdison ‰ÛÒ 1:11:00.885
3. Craig Treasure ‰ÛÒ 1:11:36.233
4. Robert Bailey ‰ÛÒ 1:13:14.010
5. Brett Kenny ‰ÛÒ 1:15:00.448
6. Michael Turner ‰ÛÒ 1:15:34.105
7. Steve Sherwood ‰ÛÒ 1:19:02.336
8. Paul Baericke ‰ÛÒ 1:19.22.451
9. Dave Thompson ‰ÛÒ 1:19:52.157
10. Mark Cram ‰ÛÒ 1:20:21.497