Crankt Protein Honda Racing‰Ûªs Todd Waters has finished 2nd in both Motos and Overall at the final Round of the Motul MX Nationals in Coolum, Queensland over the weekend.
Waters qualified in 3rd but an on-track incident on Saturday relegated him three positions pushing him out of Superpole and into 6th.
Despite this Waters was able to get a great start out of the gate and shoot into the lead.
Falling into second place, Waters had a lengthy battle with Kirk Gibbs for the position and came out on top for his first podium finish of the weekend.
Another great start to the final Moto of the season saw Waters again challenge for second and came out in front, but run out of time to hunt for first place and finish 2nd.
Waters sealed out fourth in the final championship standings, with a number of podiums and a strong end to his 2017 Campaign with Crankt Protein Honda Racing.
‰ÛÏIt was quite funny, I started off qualifying, I jumped too far on the yellow flags apparently so I missed superpole," Waters explained.
"First moto I got into the lead and passed all the guys and was riding well but Dean (Ferris) passed me back and gapped me quickly so ended up second. Second moto I got myself into second again and just finished there which gave me second for the day.
"Overall it was a good weekend and that was pretty much our day done! Happy to finish up 4th overall after some tough rounds, a massive thanks as always to my sponsors, family and friends for all their support," Waters concluded.
Waters and the Crankt Protein Honda Racing team will now turn its attention to Jimboomba's opening round of the 2017 Australian Supercross Championship on the 23rd of September in Queensland.
Main Photo: Todd Waters
Credit: MXN Images
Thor MX1 Round 10 Results
1) Dean Ferris ‰ÛÒ 70 points ‰ÛÒ Yamaha
2) Todd Waters ‰ÛÒ 64 points ‰ÛÒ Honda
3) Kirk Gibbs ‰ÛÒ 60 points ‰ÛÒ KTM
4) Dylan Long ‰ÛÒ 54 points ‰ÛÒ Yamaha
5) Kade Mosig ‰ÛÒ 53 points ‰ÛÒ Yamaha
6) Brett Metcalfe ‰ÛÒ 51 points ‰ÛÒ Kawasaki
7) Kyle Peters ‰ÛÒ 47 points ‰ÛÒ Suzuki
8) Luke Styke ‰ÛÒ 45 points ‰ÛÒ KTM
9) Joel Milesevic ‰ÛÒ 42 points ‰ÛÒ Husqvarna
10) Hamish Harwood ‰ÛÒ 42 points ‰ÛÒ KTM
Thor MX1 Championship
1) Dean Ferris ‰ÛÒ 705 points ‰ÛÒ Yamaha
2) Kirk Gibbs ‰ÛÒ 616 points ‰ÛÒ KTM
3) Kade Mosig ‰ÛÒ 542 points ‰ÛÒ Yamaha
4) Todd Waters ‰ÛÒ 532 points ‰ÛÒ Honda
5) Luke Styke ‰ÛÒ 500 points ‰ÛÒ KTM
6) Kyle Peters ‰ÛÒ 478 points ‰ÛÒ Suzuki
7) Brett Metcalfe ‰ÛÒ 426 points ‰ÛÒ Kawasaki
8) Luke Clout ‰ÛÒ 425 points ‰ÛÒ Honda
9) Nathan Crawford ‰ÛÒ 382 points ‰ÛÒ Kawasaki
10) Joel Green ‰ÛÒ 335 points ‰ÛÒ KTM