Team Suzuki World MX2‰Ûªs Jeremy Seewer was revved up when the gates dropped for the MX2 Qualifying Race.
He got a killer jump and pulled across on Red Bull KTM Factory Racing‰Ûªs Jeffrey Herlings, who was on the inside of him, to nabb the holeshot. Chasing the duo was Red Bull KTM Factory Racing‰Ûªs Pauls Jonass, HSF Logistic Motorsport KTM‰Ûªs Brian Bogers and Kemea Yamaha Official MX Team‰Ûªs Benoit Paturel.
Back to Seewer, he put in an epic ride for the first two laps complete with big whips before The Bullet, Herlings, scrubbed past him for the lead. Jonass soon got around Seewer as well but couldn‰Ûªt match the lap times of his teammate to even think about challenging for the win.
In the meantime, Rockstar Energy Husqvarna‰Ûªs Max Anstie was on the gas and blitzed past Paturel and Bogers to take over fourth and then chomped down a hefty gap to challenge Seewer for third. Anstie threw everything but the kitchen sink at the Suzuki rider but in the end couldn‰Ûªt get the job done and had to settle for fourth.
Monster Energy Kawasaki Racing Team‰Ûªs Dylan Ferrandis had a good race considering it‰Ûªs his first since the season opener in Qatar. The doctor only gave him the ‰Û÷OK‰Ûª to ride one week ago, so he hasn‰Ûªt had much time on the bike. Nevertheless, he was pinned and came from outside the top ten to finish fifth.
MXGP Qualifying Race Top Ten:
1. Tim Gajser (SLO, Honda), 24:20.229;
2. Antonio Cairoli (ITA, KTM), +0:01.633;
3. Jeremy Van Horebeek (BEL, Yamaha), +0:04.146;
4. Kevin Strijbos (BEL, Suzuki), +0:05.302;
5. Romain Febvre (FRA, Yamaha), +0:11.279;
6. Maximilian Nagl (GER, Husqvarna), +0:20.021;
7. Ben Townley (NZL, Suzuki), +0:34.507;
8. Shaun Simpson (GBR, KTM), +0:35.725;
9. Clement Desalle (BEL, Kawasaki), +0:36.502;
10. Glenn Coldenhoff (NED, KTM), +0:40.339
14. Ben Townley (NZ, Suzuki)
MX2 Qualifying Race Top Ten:
1. Jeffrey Herlings (NED, KTM), 23:57.717;
2. Pauls Jonass (LAT, KTM), +0:18.347;
3. Jeremy Seewer (SUI, Suzuki), +0:19.756;
4. Max Anstie (GBR, Husqvarna), +0:28.318;
5. Dylan Ferrandis (FRA, Kawasaki), +0:54.432;
6. Calvin Vlaanderen (NED, KTM), +0:58.671;
7. Petar Petrov (BUL, Kawasaki), +0:59.859;
8. Brent Van doninck (BEL, Yamaha), +1:00.204;
9. Benoit Paturel (FRA, Yamaha), +1:04.700;
10. Michele Cervellin (ITA, Honda), +1:09.890.