For Jayden Rykers
, round 10 of the MX Nationals dished out some of the most challenging conditions of the season. After qualifying in 11th due to a penalty on Sunday morning, the former Western Australian rider fell victim to crashes on the brutal Coolum circuit in moto one, eventually recording an 18th place finish. However, in moto two, Rykers well and truly redeemed himself, charging to sixth position and concluding the round in 10th overall. With the final points from Round 10 to his name, Rykers wrapped up the 2017 race season in an impressive 7th in the MX2 Championship.
"A small mistake cost me in the first turn in moto one, a crash unloaded me off the bike, after that it was on-going but I found a little flow, for what speed I had at the end of the race," Rykers explained.
‰ÛÏMoto two was much better. Although I came around the first corner outside the top 20, I made some fast passes and got back to sixth. My speed was much better.
‰ÛÏThe track was difficult on the weekend. With such a hard base too it was easy to catch you off-guard and wasn't like a typical Coolum that everyone knows.
"Overall the motocross season was a great experience for me with the team. Of course I'm unhappy with some of my performances but the work has been done, so I'm looking forward to another year on the four-stroke and putting in all into motion after Supercross."
The team will now begin preparations for the 2017 Australian Supercross Championship which kicks off at Jimboomba in Queensland on September 23
Jay Wilson at Coolum
Motul MX2 Round 10 Results
1) Egan Mastin ‰ÛÒ 70 points ‰ÛÒ KTM
2) Wilson Todd ‰ÛÒ 62 points ‰ÛÒ Yamaha
3) Kyle Webster ‰ÛÒ 62 points ‰ÛÒ Honda
4) Mitchell Evans ‰ÛÒ 54 points ‰ÛÒ Yamaha
5) Jay Wilson ‰ÛÒ 49 points ‰ÛÒ KTM
6) Dylan Wills ‰ÛÒ 46 points ‰ÛÒ Husqvarna
7) Hamish Harwood ‰ÛÒ 45 points ‰ÛÒ KTM
8) Connor Tierney ‰ÛÒ 42 points ‰ÛÒ Yamaha
9) Hugh McKay ‰ÛÒ 39 points ‰ÛÒ Yamaha
10) Jayden Rykers ‰ÛÒ 38 points ‰ÛÒ KTM
Motul MX2 Championship
1) Egan Mastin ‰ÛÒ 617 points ‰ÛÒ KTM
2) Wilson Todd ‰ÛÒ 612 points ‰ÛÒ Yamaha
3) Mitchell Evans ‰ÛÒ 590 points ‰ÛÒ Yamaha
4) Hamish Harwood ‰ÛÒ 524 points ‰ÛÒ KTM
5) Kyle Webster ‰ÛÒ 508 points ‰ÛÒ Honda
6) Dylan Wills ‰ÛÒ 477 points ‰ÛÒ Husqvarna
7) Jayden Rykers ‰ÛÒ 452 points ‰ÛÒ KTM
8) Jackson Richardson ‰ÛÒ 365 points ‰ÛÒ Yamaha
9) Richie Evans ‰ÛÒ 350 points ‰ÛÒ Yamaha
10) Joel Evans ‰ÛÒ 326 points ‰ÛÒ Yamaha
For Full results click here