It was a fast and furious start to the morning for the competitors of the 2017 Yamaha Australian Off-Road Championship (AORC), from the moment they left the WR450F test gates at Rawson, Vic, for Round 4.
The day featured phenomenal weather conditions and fast lap times by the competitors. The sprint tests were won by Daniel Milner, Lachlan Stanford, Wil Ruprecht and Michael Driscoll for their respective classes.
The E3 sprint spoils went to Lachlan Stanford of the Husqvarna Enduro Racing Team with his total time of 53:46.445, managed to snatch victory from Lyndon Snodgrass from KTM Enduro Team. Snodgrass started as the number one seed but lost the lead to Stanford. Snodgrass posted a total time of 54:03.166. Up next was KTM rider Tom Mason, with a very respectable third place finish with his time of 55:00.503. Mason battled with Active8 Yamaha Yamalube Racing Team Beau Ralston for the duration of the tests.
KTM Enduro Team‰Ûªs Daniel Milner was first to hit the test track after winning yesterday‰Ûªs cross country race and was on the pace straight away, leading from the front on Heat One with a quick lap time of 8:48.455. From then on it was a Milner master class with a total time of 53:01:949. After such a successful comeback to the Yamaha AORC from America, Milner will be very pleased to go back to back on his return weekend. Up next for E2 was Active8 Yamaha Yamalube Racing Team‰Ûªs Joshua Green with his total time of 53:45.256. Green pushed Milner very hard and was closing in but Milner upped his pace in the final heats. In the end it wasn‰Ûªt enough to catch his rival. In third place was Riley Graham on his Yamaha, with a combined total lap time of 54:13:447. Graham rose up the rankings throughout the day to finish in a very respectable position.
Bringing it home for E1 was talented youngster Wil Ruprecht from Active8 Yamaha Yamalube Racing Team, leading from start to finish. With his debut for the E1 class going exceptionally well so far, Ruprecht is sure to be a title contender from the get go for his class. Ruprecht finished with a total time of 53:49.810. Up next was KTM mounted Jack Simpson who finished with a total time of 53:52.255. Rounding out the talented podium was Scott Keegan on his Yamaha, maintaining the same position as yesterday‰Ûªs cross-country race with his total time a 55:16.619.
For Transmoto EJ, Michael Driscoll would once again prove to be the master of the track for the Under 19‰Ûªs. His debut after switching from motocross is also providing excellent early results. His total lap time equated to 55:55.362. Following Driscoll was Reynders Jonte on his Yamaha who moved his way up the timesheets as the day progressed. Jonte finished with a total time of 56:38.699. Nic Tomlinson maintained position and finished third for DSR Motul/Perelli Sherco Off Road Racing Team with his time a 56:43.899. An impressive result for his first weekend with his new Sherco team.
It‰Ûªs been wall-to-wall, action packed debut rounds for the Yamaha AORC in 2017. With so many stories and triumphs, its sure to be another exceptional year for the Championship. Can't wait to see what lies in store for Rounds 5 & 6 in Queensland.
Main Photo: Milner on top of the podium
Main Credit: John Pearson Media:
E3 Provisional Results
1. Lachlan Stanford ‰ÛÒ 53:46.445
2. Lyndon Snodgrass ‰ÛÒ 54:03.166
3. Tom Mason ‰ÛÒ 55:00.503
4. Beau Ralston - 55:08.537
5. Chris Perry ‰ÛÒ 57:40.109
6. Jesse Lawton ‰ÛÒ 57:50.716
7. Anthony Venn ‰ÛÒ 59:40.757
8. Luke Bunnik ‰ÛÒ 1:02:25.932
E2 Provisional Results
1. Daniel Milner ‰ÛÒ 53:01:949
2. Joshua Green ‰ÛÒ 53:45.256
3. Riley Graham ‰ÛÒ 54:13:447
4. Stefan Granquist ‰ÛÒ 55:30.665
5. Andrew Wilksch 55:35:102
6. Christopher Davey ‰ÛÒ 57:12.919
7. Peter Boyle ‰ÛÒ 57:13.980
8. Ben Grabham ‰ÛÒ 58:27.716
9. Jamie Robins ‰ÛÒ 58:32.080
10. Alex Stephenson ‰ÛÒ 58:46.742
E1 Provisional Results
1. Wil Ruprecht ‰ÛÒ 53:49.810
2. Jack Simpson ‰ÛÒ 53:52.255
3. Scott Keegan ‰ÛÒ 55:16.619
4. Brad Hardaker ‰ÛÒ 56:17.394
5. Baylee Davies ‰ÛÒ 57:30.266
6. Peter-Daniel Allan ‰ÛÒ 59:14.688
7. Bayley Burt ‰ÛÒ 59:22.114
8. Craig Prout ‰ÛÒ 1:00:12.333
9. Justin Parker ‰ÛÒ 1:00:33.127
10. Matthew Zygarlicki ‰ÛÒ 1:00:54.352
Transmoto EJ Provisional Results
1. Michael Driscoll ‰ÛÒ 55:55.362
2. Reynders Jonte ‰ÛÒ 56:38.699
3. Nic Tomlinson ‰ÛÒ 56:43.899
4. Johnson Dalton ‰ÛÒ 57:19.786
5. Fraser Higlett ‰ÛÒ 57:20.646
6. Jacob Peacock ‰ÛÒ 58:37.473
7. Broomhall Seton ‰ÛÒ 59:22.971
8. Rick Ireland ‰ÛÒ 1:00:37.003
9. Lachlan Skinner ‰ÛÒ 1:00:39.557
10. Lachlan Allan ‰ÛÒ 1:00:54.158