YMA has revealed the 2016 YZF-R1, special YZF-R1M and YZF-R6- the track bred Grand Prix based supersports weapons- at the MotoGP event at Phillip Island.
In order to help celebrate 60 years of passion and innovation, Yamaha is offering the new R1 and R6 in a 60th Anniversary Yellow colour scheme. The new 2016 models will also be available in a new Matt Grey and the popular Team Yamaha Blue and White. And there will be another shipment of the exclusive and limited production YZF-R1M model in Silver Carbon Blu.
With one of Yamaha's MotoGP riders guaranteed to become 2015 World Champion, YMA has chosen the Australian MotoGP as the ideal venue to reveal the new supersports models. The new model YZF-R1 has received many plaudits from owners and press while at the same time winning the Suzuka Eight Hour and currently leading the BSB courtesy of Aussie Josh Brookes.
Meanwhile the YZF-R6 remains the racers' choice.
2016 YZF-R1 features and benefits
- 998cc 200PS crossplane 4-cylinder engine
- Highly advanced electronic control systems
- 6-axis IMU with Gyro/G sensors for 3D motion data
- Banking sensitive Traction Control/Slide Control
- Front Lift Control and Launch Control
- Banking sensitive racing ABS/Unified Brake System
- Short wheelbase aluminium Deltabox frame
- 199 kg wet weight
- Upward truss type swingarm/magnesium rear frame
- Magnesium wheels and aluminium fuel tank
- One-click' adjustable riding modes
- Thin Film Transistor (TFT) LCD instruments
2016 YZF-R1M features and benefits
- All the above plus
- МД‰ЫТhlins Electronic Racing Suspension (ERS)
- Communication Control Unit with wireless remapping
- Polished aluminium tank and swingarm
- 200/55 section rear tyre
- M1 style carbon bodywork / 200kg wet-180kg dry
2016 YZF-R6 features and benefits
- Liquid-cooled, 4-valve, 4-stroke 4-cylinder DOHC
- Chip Controlled Throttle (YCC-T) from MotoGP
- Race-developed slipper clutch
- Aerodynamic, aggressive bodywork
- Upside-down racving spec front suspension
- Aluminium die-cast Deltabox chassis
NOTE - The lower spec YZF-R1S that is available in US will not be available in the AUS/NZ market