Osborne rebounded from a disappointing opening moto to take his seventh moto win of the season with a 10.8 margin of victory over Savatgy in second. McElrath held onto third to stand on the podium for the first time this season.
The 1-2 effort by Savatgy helped him capture his sixth career victory, followed by local hero Alex Martin, whose 2-4 moto scores were good enough for second overall.
"I felt really good today. It's obviously easy to say that when you win, but I haven't felt this strong in a while," said Savatgy, who also won Round 3 at Thunder Valley. "I did some testing with the team in Florida during the break and it seems to have paid off. It's important to feel one with the bike, and the team did a great job to get me comfortable. It was really hot and muggy today, almost like another day of training in Florida. I'm headed in the right direction and look forward to contending for some more wins from here on out."
Despite his troubles in the first moto, Osborne's triumph in Moto 2 helped him complete the overall podium in third (8-1).
"I was pretty nervous in the first moto with the bike issue that we had," said Osborne. "Fortunately, I was able to salvage some points and had some luck that my bike lasted until the finish. To get an eighth under those circumstances, I'll take it. The second moto I was able to go out and run my pace, which I felt was pretty good, and came through for the win. All in all it feels good to have minimized the damage and keep the points lead."
Osborne continues to hold the red plate as championship leader, hopding a 43-point advantage over Alex Martin, who sits in second. Jeremy Martin used a fourth-place finish (4-5) to maintain third in the standings, trailing his brother by 20-points.
The 2017 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship will return to action next Saturday, July 29, for the ninth round of the season at Washougal MX Park in Washougal, Washington.
Main Photo: Musquin captured his second career 450 Class win via 1-1 moto scores.
Credit: MX Sports Pro Racing / Jeff Kardas
Results: Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship
La Cresent Wine & Spirit Spring Creek National Spring Creek MX Park - Millville, Minnesota
450 Class Overall Results (Moto Finish)
1. Marvin Musquin, La Reole, France, KTM (1-1)
2.Dean Wilson, Glasgow, Scotland, Husqvarna (3-3)
3. Eli Tomac, Cortez, Colo., Kawasaki (2-5)
4. Blake Baggett, Grand Terrace, Calif., KTM (6-2)
5. Cooper Webb, Newport, N.C., Yamaha (4-9)
6.Justin Barcia, Monroe, N.Y., Suzuki (5-8)
7. Martin Davalos, Quito, Ecuador, Husqvarna (11-4)
8. Cole Seely, Newbury Park, Calif., Honda (8-6)
9. Christian Craig, El Cajon, Calif., Honda (7-7)
10. Fredrik Noren, Lidkoping, Sweden, Honda (13-10)
450 Class Championship Standings
1. Eli Tomac, Cortez, Colo., Kawasaki - 329 Points
2.Blake Baggett, Grand Terrace, Calif., KTM - 309 Points
3. Marvin Musquin, La Reole, France, KTM - 269 Points
4. Dean Wilson, Glasgow, Scotland, Husqvarna - 238 Points
5. Jason Anderson, Edgewood, N.M., Husqvarna - 216 Points
6.Cole Seely, Newbury Park, Calif., Honda - 192 Points
7. Justin Bogle, Cushing, Okla., Suzuki - 188 Points
8. Cooper Webb, Newport, N.C., Yamaha - 177 Points
9. Justin Barcia, Monroe, N.Y., Suzuki - 172 Points
10. Martin Davalos, Quito, Ecuador, Husqvarna - 170 Points
250 Class Overall Results (Moto Finish)
1. Joey Savatgy, Thomasville, Ga., Kawasaki (1-2)
2.Alex Martin, Millville, Minn., KTM (2-4)
3. Zach Osborne, Abingdon, Va., Husqvarna (8-1)
4. Jeremy Martin, Millville, Minn., Honda (4-5)
5. Adam Cianciarulo, Port Orange, Fla., Kawasaki (6-6)
6.RJ Hampshire, Hudson, Fla., Honda (5-7)
7. Aaron Plessinger, Hamilton, Ohio, Yamaha (3-12)
8. Dylan Ferrandis, Avignon, France, Yamaha (7-8)
9. Shane McElrath, Canton, N.C., KTM (16-3)
10. Colt Nichols, Muskogee, Okla., Yamaha (9-13)
250 Class Championship Standings
1. Zach Osborne, Abingdon, Va., Husqvarna - 339 Points
2. Alex Martin, Millville, Minn., KTM - 296 Points
3. Jeremy Martin, Millville, Minn., Honda - 276 Points
4. Joey Savatgy, Thomasville, Ga., Kawasaki - 242 Points
5. Dylan Ferrandis, Avignon, France, Yamaha - 226 Points
6. Aaron Plessinger, Hamilton, Ohio, Yamaha - 219 Points
7. Adam Cianciarulo, Port Orange, Fla., Kawasaki - 216 Points
8. Mitchell Harrison, Brighton, Mich., Yamaha - 190 Points
9. Colt Nichols, Muskogee, Okla., Yamaha - 188 Points
10. Austin Forkner, Richards, Mo., Kawasaki - 184 Points