In some what of a coincidence the three remaining Australian's out of the six that started crossed the finish line and finished 37th,38th and 39th respectively.
Leading the way in the overall results for the Aussies was KTM rider Troy O'Connor who put in consistent stage results over the course of two weeks to finish 37th, 14 hours and 47 seconds behind race winner Coma.
Shane Diener finished the final stage in 19th position equalling his best result for the 2014 event, finishing just 11 minutes of the stage leader was enough for the Yamaha rider to leap frog fellow Australian Allan Roberts in the final results with Diener finishing the event just 7 minutes in front of KTM mounted Roberts.
The three Australians who were forced to retire from the event in the opening week were KTM Australia's Ben Grabham and fellow KTM riders Clayton Jacobsen and Mark Davidson.
Stage 13 Results: La Serena - ValparaÌ_so - Chile.:
1. Joan Barreda (ESP, Honda) +01:59:44
2. Olivier Pain (FRA, Yamaha) +00:00:40
3. Helder Rodrigues (PRT, Honda) +00:01:23
4. Juan Pedero Garcia (ESP, Sherco) +00:01:35
5. Cyril Despres (FRA, Yamaha) 00:02:30
6. Jordi Viladoms (ESP, KTM) +00:03:31
7. Michael Metge (FRA, Yamaha) +00:04:08
8. Daniel Gouet (CHL, Honda) +00:04:17
9. Jakub Przygonski (POL, KTM) +00:05:16
10. David Casteu (FRA, KTM) +00:07:20
19. Shane Diener (Aus, Yamaha) +00:11:09
44. Troy O'Connor (Aus, KTM) +00:23:14
46. Allan Roberts (Aus, KTM) +00:24:04