The Junior competitors of the 2017 Yamaha Australian Off-Road Championship (AORC) showed off their abilities at Round 10, with a technical and demanding Enduro format, respective Junior class standouts included Brierley, Bacon and McMahon for the J4, J3 and J2 classes. All Juniors managed to claim a clean sweep for Rounds 9 & 10 at Kyogle.
Husqvarna rider Joshua Brierley further established himself as a extremely versatile rider by winning both of the Enduro races for the J4 class. Young Brierley finished with a final time of 33:47.718 and won every test on Sunday. In second position was once again was fellow brother Mitchell Brierley, who finished with a time of 34:20.326. The difference between the two brohers was 32 seconds. The final podium placer for J4 was Nathan Howe, a placing higher than his result on Saturday. The KTM rider managed to finish with a total accumulated time of 34:50.432, approximately 30 seconds behind Mitchell Brierley.
Korey McMahon was the eventual winner of the J3 Enduro race once again. The victory gave McMahon an impressive a clean sweep. Korey McMahon finished with a total time of 34:42:190. KTM mounted Ben Bertinazzi was McMahon‰Ûªs closest challenger, his time was a 36:04.519. The difference between McMahon and Bertinazzi was 82 seconds. Championship leader Jayden Rudd on his KTM shot up the placing‰Ûªs today to finish third with a time of 36:18.772, a further 14 seconds behind Bertinazzi. After a disappointing result on Saturday, Rudd will be well pleased to have made the podium today.
Kyron Bacon was once again the standout for J2, finishing first in class. Bacon will now close in on Championship leader Riordan after winning both races this weekend. Bacon‰Ûªs total Enduro time was a 35:51.609. KTM mounted Will Riordan finished with a time of 36:41.632. The difference between Bacon and Riordan was 50 seconds. Riordan‰Ûªs brother Gus impressed onlookers to come third with his total time of 37:44.265, on a KTM. Gus finished a further minute behind his brother.
Bacon shared his thoughts on today's ride; "It was a great weekend, I was really strong at the start of the tests which helped out! The tracks were tight and technical and very enjoyable. I did one round in AORC last year and now this is my first full season in the championship. I've made plenty of friends here and I'm enjoying my racing!"
Main Photo: Kyron Bacon at Kyogle
Credit: John Pearson Media
Provisional Results J4
1. Joshua Brierley ‰ÛÒ 33:47.718
2. Mitchell Brierley ‰ÛÒ 34:20.326
3. Nathan Howe ‰ÛÒ 34:50.432
4. Corey Hammond ‰ÛÒ 34:59.506
5. Connor Gee ‰ÛÒ 36:29.139
6. Ryan Thompson ‰ÛÒ 36:31.711
7. Riley Nancarrow ‰ÛÒ 37:26.711
8. Emi Ruprecht ‰ÛÒ 40:27.827
9. Brock Brady ‰ÛÒ 41:06.043
10. Trent Brandon ‰ÛÒ 42:15.348
Provisional Results J3
1. Korey McMahon ‰ÛÒ 34:42:190
2. Ben Bertinazzi ‰ÛÒ 36:04.519
3. Jayden Rudd ‰ÛÒ 36:18.772
4. Matthew Pye ‰ÛÒ 36:21.028
5. Blake Hollis ‰ÛÒ 36:23.828
6. Ned Chapman ‰ÛÒ 37:13.202
8. Raife Dooley ‰ÛÒ 37:50.939
9. Ben Teed ‰ÛÒ 39:11.942
10. Tom Teed ‰ÛÒ 39:44.163
Provisional Results J2
1. Kyron Bacon ‰ÛÒ 35:51.609
2. Will Riordan ‰ÛÒ 36:41.632
3. Gus Riordan ‰ÛÒ 37:44.265
4. Harrison Foster ‰ÛÒ 38:46.431
5. Jasper Franklin ‰ÛÒ 39:07.829
6. Mackenzie Johnson ‰ÛÒ 39:37.919
7. Cooper Holroyd ‰ÛÒ 40:47.079
8. Zac Perry ‰ÛÒ 41:51.600
9. Oscar Collins ‰ÛÒ 42.13.950
10. Levii Read ‰ÛÒ 44:16.098