It was another scintillating day for the Juniors, as they took to a technical and tricky bLU cRU sprint track of the 2017 Yamaha Australian Off-Road Championship at Rawson, Vic, today.
All of the Junior winners went back to back to win races on Saturday and Sunday in their respective classes.
The Husqvarna machine of Joshua Brierley came out on top for the J4 class. Brierley has been one of the stars of the weekend and was once again on the pace for the sprint format with his time of 39:04.192. Corey Hammond on the KTM gave Brierley a challenge with his 39:41.831 but it wasn‰Ûªt enough to overcome his rival. Nathan Howe rounded up the top three with his KTM with a total time of 40:12.738.
Jayden Rudd on the KTM also claimed a clean sweep of the weekend for the J3 class. Rudd finished over three minutes in front of his nearest challenger with his time of 39:04.192. Ned Chapman was Rudd‰Ûªs nearest challenger with his combined time of 42:32.364. Sam Barton moved to an improved result from yesterday to register a third place position with his time of 43:22.977 on his Yamaha YZ 250.
Tyran Tomich was another double winner this weekend; he claimed the win with his combined time of the heats, a 40:21.511 on his KTM machine. Up next came Kyron Bacon on his Honda, he managed to overcome KTM rider Will Riodan in the timesheets during the day.
Brierley, Rudd and Tomich shone brightly for their respective classes and certainly made an impact at Rounds 3 & 4 at Rawson. With the three going back to back in both cross-country and sprint formats, they have shown off their strong capabilities.
Main Photo: Joshua Brierley on top of the podium
Credit: John Pearson Media
Provisional Results J4
1. Joshua Brierley ‰ÛÒ 39:04.192
2. Corey Hammond ‰ÛÒ 39:41.831
3. Nathan Howe - 40:12.738
4. Mitchell Brierley ‰ÛÒ 40:24.803
5. Nick Graham ‰ÛÒ 40:37.479
6. Lachie Amos ‰ÛÒ 41:12.616
7. Ashden Gramlick ‰ÛÒ 41:29.431
8. Connor Gee ‰ÛÒ 42:31.353
9. Jye Bennett ‰ÛÒ 42:35.553
10. Billy Mcculloch ‰ÛÒ 42:36.037
Provisional Results J3
1. Jayden Rudd ‰ÛÒ 40:26.627
2. Ned Chapman ‰ÛÒ 42:32.364
3. Sam Barton ‰ÛÒ 43:22.977
4. Jaylan Lessio ‰ÛÒ 44:18.109
5. Jared Watson ‰ÛÒ 44:57.398
6. Matthew Pye ‰ÛÒ 44:58.992
7. Daniel Van Der Werf ‰ÛÒ 45:22.863
8. Royce Patterson ‰ÛÒ 45:54.188
9. Benjamin Harris ‰ÛÒ 45:54.188
10. Max Price ‰ÛÒ 46:14.042
Provisional Results J2
1.Tyran Tomich ‰ÛÒ 40:21.511
2. Kyron Bacon ‰ÛÒ 40:58.869
3. Will Riodan ‰ÛÒ 41:03.121
4. Jasper Franklin ‰ÛÒ 44:59.169
5. Mackenzie Johnson ‰ÛÒ 45:50.930
6. Riley Mcgillivray ‰ÛÒ 45:52.811
7. Dusten O‰ÛªNeil - 47:36.042
8. Tom Sparks ‰ÛÒ 47:36.310
9. Harry Newbold ‰ÛÒ 48:43.102
10. Aidan Parmesan ‰ÛÒ 48:58.226