Australian Jett Lawrence was impressive overnight in Assen witht the Team Suzuki Germany rider claiming his first European Championships EMX250 overall win.
The previous round of the EMX250 Championship in Bulgaria crowned Honda RedMoto Assomotor‰Ûªs Mathys Boisrame 2018 champion a few weeks ago leaving the weekend open for others to take the final win of the season.
The finale was taken advantage of first by Team DIGA Procross‰Ûª Dylan Walsh but Team Suzuki Germany‰Ûªs Jett Lawrence took the spot by the end of the first lap. Tom Vialle then took the lead from Lawrence before Walsh went out with a mechanical issue.
Several riders were swallowed up by the technical sand such as Gianluca Facchetti and BUD Racing Monster Energy‰Ûªs Brian Moreau. Creymert Racing‰Ûªs Kevin Horgmo took third position from WZ-Racing‰Ûªs Jeremy Sydow while Lawrence reclaimed the lead and won the race by 13 seconds. Taking second was Vialle followed by Horgmo and Sydow while the series champion, Boisrame, finished 19th.
Today Lawrence took the lead and held on to it until the finish under the watchful eye of Horgmo who ran 2nd the entire race as well. Vialle was again riding strong in 3rd but a mistake dropped him to 9th.
The 3rd place spot of Vialle was then given to Apico Honda Factory Racing‰Ûªs Steven Clarke ahead of Walsh in 4th. Gold plate holder Boisrame had a much better race 2 with a top ten start he moved from 9th all the way up to 4th past MX88 Carglass Honda Racing‰Ûªs Freek van der Vlist.
At the finish double race wins gave Jett Lawrence his first EMX250 Overall win ahead of Horgmo and Clarke. In the overall top three Lawrence and Horgmo again took the top 2 spots but Vialle took 3rd with his 2-7 finishes.
Another Australian was also in the mix with Caleb Grothues carding a pair of ninth place finishes to finish fifth overall.
EMX250 Race 1 Top 10:
1. Jett Lawrence (AUS, Suzuki), 29:59.962
2. Tom Vialle (FRA, KTM), +0:13.121
3. Kevin Horgmo (NOR, KTM), +0:19.664
4. Jeremy Sydow (GER, KTM), +0:20.825
5. Alberto Forato (ITA, Honda), +0:22.458
6. Erik Willems (BEL, Husqvarna), +0:30.519
7. Todd Kellett (GBR, KTM), +0:33.302
8. Mikkel Haarup (DEN, Husqvarna), +0:35.824
9. Caleb Grothues (AUS, Yamaha), +0:43.782
10. Josiah Natzke (NZL, Honda), +0:46.647
EMX250 Race 2 Top 10:
1. Jett Lawrence (AUS, Suzuki), 29:48.870
2. Kevin Horgmo (NOR, KTM), +0:02.580
3. Steven Clarke (GBR, Honda), +0:54.657
4. Mathys Boisrame (FRA, Honda), +0:57.423
5. Mikkel Haarup (DEN, Husqvarna), +0:59.377
6. Freek van der Vlist (NED, Honda), +1:07.073
7. Tom Vialle (FRA, KTM), +1:08.327
8. Martin Barr (GBR, Husqvarna), +1:09.381
9. Caleb Grothues (AUS, Yamaha), +1:10.155
10. Mel Pocock (GBR, Husqvarna), +1:11.486
EMX250 Overall Top 10:
1. Jett Lawrence (AUS, SUZ), 50 Points
2. Kevin Horgmo (NOR, KTM), 42 Points
3. Tom Vialle (FRA, KTM), 36 Points
4. Mikkel Haarup (DEN, HUS), 29 Points
5. Caleb Grothues (AUS, YAM), 24 Points
6. Todd Kellett (GBR, KTM), 22 Points
7. Alberto Forato (ITA, HON), 22 Points
8. Steven Clarke (GBR, HON), 21 Points
9. Mathys Boisrame (FRA, HON), 20 Points
10. Martin Barr (GBR, HUS), 20 Points
EMX250 Championship Top 10:
1. Mathys Boisrame (FRA, HON), 366 Points
2. Mel Pocock (GBR, HUS), 312 Points
3. Roan Van De Moosdijk (NED, YAM), 274 Points
4. Martin Barr (GBR, HUS), 273 Points
5. Steven Clarke (GBR, HON), 264 Points
6. Dylan Walsh (NZL, HUS), 239 Points
7. Brian Strubhart Moreau (FRA, KAW), 237 Points
8. Tom Vialle (FRA, KTM), 227 Points
9. Pierre Goupillon (FRA, KAW), 205 Points
10. Kevin Horgmo (NOR, KTM), 191 Points