Jonass is not exactly a fan of the hard-pack, but he‰Ûªs improved ten-fold over the last twelve months and he managed keep on Ferrandis, who is far from a slouch on this sort of terrain. While it looked as though Ferrandis had it all under control, he got a bit hung up behind a slower rider on the final lap, which opened the door for Jonass to sneak up the inside. Jonass was late on the brakes and tagged Ferrandis who went down as a result. With only half of a lap to go at that point, it was enough for Jonass to go pole for the first time this year. Ferrandis on the other hand, was lucky not to stall his engine and managed to hold onto second.
Meanwhile, at the start of the race Anstie looked interested but couldn‰Ûªt maintain the pace of the two front-runners, Ferrandis and Jonass, and soon fell off the radar.
Choosing to use tear-off‰Ûªs with rain on the horizon isn‰Ûªt really the smartest choice, as Max Anstie found out when he ran out of tear-off‰Ûªs half way through the race. The ‰Û÷99‰Ûª ditched his goggles and squinted his way around the skating rink, or motocross rink of Loket, which slowed him down enough for Team Suzuki World MX2‰Ûªs Jeremy Seewer to find a way through for third.
Mewse sensed an opportunity to challenge his teammate for fourth and did a good job trying to take the spot but unfortunately came up slightly short and had to settle for fifth, which is his best Qualifying Race result in his MX2 career.
MXGP Qualifying Race Top Ten:
1. Tim Gajser (SLO, Honda), 24:13.074;
2. Kevin Strijbos (BEL, Suzuki), +0:05.277;
3. Clement Desalle (BEL, Kawasaki), +0:08.057;
4. Jeremy Van Horebeek (BEL, Yamaha), +0:09.999;
5. Glenn Coldenhoff (NED, KTM), +0:13.281;
6. Romain Febvre (FRA, Yamaha), +0:20.943;
7. Antonio Cairoli (ITA, KTM), +0:27.383;
8. Christophe Charlier (FRA, Husqvarna), +0:29.061;
9. Tommy Searle (GBR, Kawasaki), +0:30.188;
10. Jordi Tixier (FRA, Kawasaki), +0:30.821
MX2 Qualifying Race Top Ten:
1. Pauls Jonass (LAT, KTM), 24:21.554;
2. Dylan Ferrandis (FRA, Kawasaki), +0:11.373;
3. Jeremy Seewer (SUI, Suzuki), +0:18.454;
4. Max Anstie (GBR, Husqvarna), +0:21.063;
5. Conrad Mewse (GBR, Husqvarna), +0:22.608;
6. Petar Petrov (BUL, Kawasaki), +0:36.831;
7. Alvin ÌÐstlund (SWE, Yamaha), +0:39.325;
8. Benoit Paturel (FRA, Yamaha), +0:40.100;
9. Brian Bogers (NED, KTM), +0:48.041;
10. Thomas Covington (USA, Husqvarna), +0:50.040