Following Lawrence‰Ûªs privateer Honda was Team HRC‰Ûªs new MX2 rider Calvin Vlaanderen. Vlaanderen has had a successful preseason leading up to this weekend and showed why as he flew by riders such as Thomas Covington on his way to 5th.
"There‰Ûªs always excitement and a bit of nerves too before the first GP, but I‰Ûªm happy we got the day out of the way smoothly and safely," Vlaanderen said/ "We did what we have to do and we have a good gate pick for tomorrow, so I‰Ûªm feeling good; the bike works well and I hope we can get a better start in the races and get in the mix at the front of the field."
Another notable rider to mention is Bike IT DRT Kawasaki‰Ûªs Darien Sanayei who had one of his best performance here last season. Sanayei will head to the starting line 6th tomorrow.
Main Photo: Tony Cairoli.
MXGP Qualifying Race Top Ten
1. Antonio Cairoli (ITA, KTM), 24:39.667
2. Jeremy Van Horebeek (BEL, Yamaha), +0:05.845
3. Clement Desalle (BEL, Kawasaki), +0:08.115
4. Romain Febvre (FRA, Yamaha), +0:08.868
5. Shaun Simpson (GBR, Yamaha), +0:18.621
6. Max Anstie (GBR, Husqvarna), +0:20.276
7. Jeffrey Herlings (NED, KTM), +0:23.435
8. Jeremy Seewer (SUI, Yamaha), +0:23.747
9. Gautier Paulin (FRA, Husqvarna), +0:28.444
10. Julien Lieber (BEL, Kawasaki), +0:41.447
MX2 Qualifying Race Top Ten:
1. Pauls Jonass (LAT, KTM), 24:47.569
2. Thomas Kjer Olsen (DEN, Husqvarna), +0:06.321
3. Ben Watson (GBR, Yamaha), +0:12.151
4. Hunter Lawrence (AUS, Honda), +0:21.926
5. Calvin Vlaanderen (RSA, Honda), +0:27.266
6. Darian Sanayei (USA, Kawasaki), +0:29.347
7. Thomas Covington (USA, Husqvarna), +0:35.985
8. Alvin ÌÐstlund (SWE, Yamaha), +0:40.054
9. Michele Cervellin (ITA, Honda), +0:43.362
10. Conrad Mewse (GBR, KTM), +0:43.727