Australia‰Ûªs richest and most prestigious dirt bike series is ready to erupt with a full throttle charge of high flying, dirt churning action this weekend, when Jimboomba X Stadium in the heart of the Logan Shire plays host to the opening round of the 2016
In a preview to what is shaping up to be a massive extreme sport event, the leading stars of the Australian Supercross Championship will get their first taste of the totally redesigned USA-style Supercross circuit that has been built
specifically for the event at a MEDIA PREVIEW taking place at the track at 11.00AM this Thursday Septermber the 15th.
Jam packed with talent, the roster of riders contesting the 2016 Australian Supercross Championship features not only all of Australia‰Ûªs top two-wheel heroes, but a six-pack of American supercross sharpshooters who will be winging their way Down Under with the sole ambition of plundering Australia‰Ûªs national championship chase.
Leading teams and riders who will attend the MEDIA PREVIEW on THURSDAY for interviews and filming include:
- CDR Yamaha Racing: Reigning Australian SX1 Supercross Champion and south-east Queensland local DAN REARDON, who will return to racing at Jimboomba after recent knee surgery, along with team mate DEAN FERRIS, the freshly crowned Australian MX Nationals MX1 champion.
- National Pump Monster Energy Kawasaki Racing Team: American Monster Energy Kawasaki factory team racer WILL HAHN and local team leader KADE MOSIG, who finished runner-up in the 2015 Australian SX1 Supercross Championship.
- KTM Motocross Racing Team: American ace KYLE PETERS, who is filling the saddle of the team‰Ûªs injured former Australian Motocross champion Kirk Gibbs, along with promising young Aussie rider JESSE DOBSON.
- Honda Genuine Racing: The just announced new factory-backed Honda squad includes American top-ten ranked AMA Supercross superstar JUSTIN BRAYTON and fellow American JIMMY DECOTIS, who is the reigning Australian SX2 Supercross Championship title holder. Continuing the star spangled theme, another American, leading AMA privateer ADAM ENTICKNAP will also contest the 2016 Australian Supercross Championship for the Honda Genuine Racing squad.
- Penrite Honda Racing: Another new Honda team contesting the 2016 Australian Supercross Championship will include American reigning AMA Arenacross Series champion GAVIN FAITH, who is also a former two-time Australian SX2 Supercross
Championship winner, and popular Aussie hard charger JOSH CACHIA.
- Crankt Protein Honda Racing: The factory-backed Honda outfit features leading Aussie young guns JAY WILSON and DYLAN LONG.
- Wilson Coolair Motul Factory Suzuki Racing: Decorated Australian international motocross star TODD WATERS and young team mate LUKE WILSON.
- Serco Yamaha: Yamaha‰Ûªs factory backed effort in the SX2 class, featuring WADE HUNTER and WILSON TODD.
Event organiser SCOTT BANNAN, who is a Jimboomba local and massive motorcycle sport enthusiast, will also be available to the media during Thursday‰Ûªs media call.
The spectacular Jimboomba X Stadium track, which is located in the heart of the Logan City Council region, has been totally redesigned since hosting two barnstorming rounds of last year‰Ûªs Australian Supercross Championship.
Thousands of cubic metres of dirt have been carefully shaped into the final track design that on Saturday will play host to the most star-studded line-up of Australian and American supercross superstars seen in years.