While Red Bull KTM's Ryan Dungey continues to amass one of the most impressive seasons in the history of Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, he now has company in RCH Soaring Eagle/Jimmy Johns/Suzuki Factory Racing's Ken Roczen.
As the season prepares for its eighth race of the 2016 championship from Atlanta's Georgia Dome this Saturday, February 27, these longtime rivals and former teammates are ready to continue their captivating battle at the front of the 450SX Class. In the 250SX Class, the anticipated Eastern Regional Championship will kick off with its first race in what looks to be a wide-open title fight.
Some key insights to watch heading into this Saturday night's race include:
- Ken Roczen earned his sixth career 450SX Class victory with his win in Arlington putting him alone in 25th on the all-time win list. It was his 37th career class start. The victory was also Suzuki's 70th 450SX Class win of all-time.
- Ryan Dungey finished second pushing his podium streak to 25 in-a-row. He also now has 18 consecutive finishes within the top two.
- Dungey will be looking for his 80th career podium in Atlanta. He is looking to move into third on the all-time podiums list if he earns nine more podiums to finish the season.
- Dungey has a top five in 95 of his 107 career starts, which is 89%. That is the best top five percentage ever.
- Mike Alessi made his 100th career 450SX Class start in Arlington tying him with Rick Johnson. Alessi is the 22nd rider to ever make it to 100.
- Webb's 10th victory ties him for 14th on the all-time 250SX Class win list with Mickael Pichon, Ivan Tedesco, Ryan Dungey, and Marvin Musquin.
- Christian Craig earned his fifth consecutive podium with a runner-up finish in Arlington. His five consecutive podiums are all of his career podiums in his 18 class starts.
- Malcolm Stewart will be attempting to make his 40th career class start in Atlanta.
- J. Martin and Davalos are the only 250SX Class Eastern Regional riders that have multiple career class victories going into the season.
- J. Martin will be attempting to make his 20th career class start.
Roczen captured his second victory of the 2016 season at AT&T Stadium.